DJI RoboMaster EP Core
The RoboMaster EP Core was built to take learning to the next level. This advanced educational robot provides an all-in-one solution for STEAM-based classrooms everywhere, offering AI and programming projects for students of all ages and experience levels.
Unrivaled Tools for Teaching
The RoboMaster EP Core is an unrivaled educational tool with powerful mechanical accessories and unlimited expandability options.
Cutting-Edge Equipment & Technology
Made of steel and finished with a sleek, futuristic design, the RoboMaster EP Core is fully equipped with cutting-edge technologies that provide consistent support for classroom learning.
- Robotic Arm The EP Core’s Robotic Arm is incredibly durable, yet compact and flexible. It supports precise FPV control, allowing students to complete tasks even when the target objects are out of sight.
- Gripper The Gripper transforms the EP Core into a powerful robot with multiple functions. A convenient structural design and adjustable gripping force empower it to firmly and reliably grasp and move objects of various shapes, weights, and sizes.
- Mecanum Wheels The EP Core comes with four Mecanum wheels, each with 12 rollers that allow omnidirectional movement and precision control. Front axis suspension allows for added versatility during operation.
- High-Performance Servo As a propulsion driver for the EP Core, the servo supports customized control abilities through the EP Core’s main control board. It ensures high control accuracy and large output torque. It can also power the Robotic Arm and allow students to build lifting structures using their knowledge of physics.
- Sensor Adaptor & Power Connector Module Each sensor adaptor has two ports and provides power supply. A power connector module can connect and power third-party hardware, offering multiple ports to connect hardware and create custom programs and applications.
- Intelligent Controller Using a powerful CPU, the Intelligent Controller can simultaneously support functions such as low-latency high-definition image transmission, AI computing, and programming development. It also coordinates transmission seamlessly to execute command signals.
- Infrared Distance Sensor With a measurement range of 0.1-10 meters, the infrared distance sensor provides reliable distance measurement information. This enables the EP Core to sense its environment and avoid obstacles, deepening students’ understanding of advanced autonomous driving principles.
Add Hardware, Unlock Creativity
The versatility to accommodate third-party hardware provides unlimited options for learning and unlocks students’ potential and imagination.
The versatility to accommodate third-party hardware such as building blocks and 3D printed objects provides unlimited options for learning and unlocks students’ potential and imagination.
Compatible with Third-Party Hardware
The RoboMaster EP Core supports third-party open-source hardware such as Micro:bit, Arduino, and Raspberry Pi. These items can be connected and powered via serial ports on the main controller of the chassis. The EP Core can also perform model training and scene recognition through AI platforms such as NVIDIA Jetson Nano and the official DJI SDK, enhancing students’ understandings of the operating principles of AI.
Compatible with Third-Party Sensors
The RoboMaster EP Core is equipped with four sensor adaptors, making it convenient to connect and power third-party sensors that measure inputs such as temperature, pressure, distance, and more. Sensory data can even be used in Scratch, unlocking endless programming possibilities.
Real-World AI Implementation
Endless programming possibilities are unlocked when you use SDKs (software development kits). Open DJI SDK is available on the EP Core and supports more than 39 programmable sensor ports. This allows students to utilize streaming data from sensor modules, video, and audio to program AI applications and experience genuine AI technology.
Video & Audio Streaming Data
HD video and audio streaming data and stabilized images bring higher recognition accuracy. In-depth learning projects and features such as data analysis, model training, scene recognition, and custom AI functions can be achieved with third-party platforms.
Connect multiple EP Cores to one computer to realize swarm movements through multi-machine communication.
Data Code flexibly with attitude data collected from gyroscopes on the chassis.
Software Programming Platform
With the dedicated RoboMaster app, multi-platform interactions and various operation methods for the EP Core are supported, along with rich educational resources and several competition modes.
Scratch & Python Programming
The EP Core supports the Scratch and Python programming languages. This allows you to take your abilities to the next level, whether you are new to coding or are already on your way to becoming an expert.
Low-latency HD FPV
Enjoy a unique and immersive driving experience with the EP Core's exhilarating FPV perspective, which allows students to complete tasks even when the target objects are out of sight.
Code virtual widgets with Python to design your own user interface and more.
How can I calibrate the chassis of the RoboMaster EP Core? Connect the robot with the RoboMaster app, tap Settings->System-> Gimbal and Chassis Calibration, and follow the instructions.
If multiple routers are set to wireless roaming, can the RoboMaster EP Core switch between the routers seamlessly? No. Connection error will occur if the EP Core is switched from one router to another.
How do I connect the RoboMaster EP Core with the RoboMaster app? The RoboMaster EP Core can be connected via Wi-Fi or router. For detailed operation instructions, please refer to the video: How to Connect RoboMaster S1/EP/EP Core to the app.
What is the effective video transmission range of the RoboMaster EP Core? Connection via Wi-Fi: FCC: 2.4 GHz: 140 m, 5.8 GHz: 90 m CE: 2.4 GHz: 130 m, 5.8 GHz: 70 m SRRC: 2.4 GHz: 130 m, 5.8 GHz: 90 m MIC: 2.4 GHz: 130 m Connection via Router: FCC: 2.4 GHz: 190 m, 5.8 GHz: 300 m CE: 2.4 GHz: 180 m, 5.8 GHz: 70 m SRRC: 2.4 GHz: 180 m, 5.8 GHz: 300 m MIC: 2.4 GHz: 180 m Note: All ranges were measured in an interference-free, unobstructed environment.
How long is the battery life of the RoboMaster EP Core and how long does it take to fully charge the battery? The max battery life during use is 85 minutes (measured at a constant speed of 0.8 m/s on a flat surface), and the charging time is 90minutes. Note: Battery life on standby is about 100 minutes.
What are the chassis speed and accelerated speed of RoboMaster EP Core? Engineer: The max forward, backward, and sideward speed is 0.8 m/s.
What expansion ports does the RoboMaster EP Core have? Apart from the PWM, SBUS, UART, and USB ports on the Intelligent Controller, the RoboMaster EP Core also provides 4 sensor adapters (compatible with ADC sampling ports and IO ports) and a power connector module (supports CAN BUS communication interface) to connect sensors using various ports.
Can the RoboMaster EP Core be controlled with the gamepad? Yes, but the gamepad can only be used to control the chassis, the Robotic arm and Gripper are not currently able to be controlled with the gamepad.
What programming languages are supported by RoboMaster EP Core Lab? Currently, the EP Core Lab supports two programming languages: Scratch 3.0 and Python 3.6.
How many programmable modules does the RoboMaster EP Core have? Up to 39 programmable sensor modules are supported, including chassis motor, gripper, robotic arm, sensor adapter, armor, LED, and more.
What AI modes can be programmed with the RoboMaster EP Core? Line Recognition, Vision Marker Recognition, People Recognition, Clapping Recognition, Gesture Recognition, and Recognition of other RoboMaster units.