Freefly Alta X (Blue Cube)
We designed Alta X from the ground up to capitalize on the benefits of large, efficient props while maintaining the crisp control and unmatched precision the Alta line is known for.
What makes this Alta X special?
- It features a a US-made PX4 Blue Cube.
- The Blue Cube is equipped with firmware that permanently disables WiFi to comply with DIU Blue requirements and can only have Blue qualified firmware installed in the field.
- With this Blue Cube on board, it's possible in the future to have Freefly physically upgrade the aircraft to the full DIU Blue Package.
- You can use other commercially available and compatible radio controllers or ground station links with this Alta X*. This includes:
- Traditional RC radios
- Ground station computer links like RF900 or FRX Pro for Alta X (900 MHz)
- A Blue/NDAA approved controller integrated by a third-party
- Whatever you need to suit your operations and compliance requirements.
- If you want to use Freefly RTK with this Alta X, you will need a radio link to your ground station computer. FRX Pro for Alta X (900 MHz) will work for this (built in the US, with Canadian components). Both of these components can be purchased separately and installed/implemented by the user.**
*This Alta X ships in a travel case, but it does not ship with any included hardware to control the radio from the ground (radio controller or computer ground station link), batteries, chargers or landing gear.
**Neither FRX Pro nor Freefly RTK are compatible with the UVX Tablet controller if that is the path you want to take with this in the future.