RED SCARLET-W Cameras
Never has so capable a professional-grade video camera been accessible to so many filmmakers on every level. The RED SCARLET-W is an affordable, versatile 5K digital cinema camera with a complete array of modular accessories. Because those accessories are part of the DSMC2 line, you can use the accessories you’ve purchased for a RED RAVEN and continue to use them, even when you move up to an 8K RED WEAPON. The lens mount is interchangeable, so your old lenses can be used with a compatible mount; if you’re starting from scratch, you can buy the mount and interchangeable lenses of your choice.
Top RED SCARLET-W Features:
- Aluminum build: strong, lightweight (3.5 lb.)
- RED DRAGON sensor: 13.8MP 35mm CMOS
- Interchangeable lens mount options
- Recording time: Up to 41 minutes on 120GB RED Mini-Mag
- DSMC2 module adaptors
- Resolutions: 5K 2.4:1 at 60fps; 4K 2.4:1 at 120fps; 2K 2.4:1 at 300fps
Additional SCARLET-W Features
- Integrated mounting points
- Three formats: Simultaneous recording in REDCODE RAW (R3D) and either Apple ProRes or AvidDNxHR/HD for advanced editing
- Editing compatibility: Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve, Edius Pro, Final Cut Pro, Vegas Pro
- Available Optical Low Pass Filter (OLPF) choices
RED SCARLET-W Brains for RGB, Monochrome
Dronenerds.com offers two SCARLET-W Brains and one SCARLET W bundle with three OLPFs. Choose from the SCARLET-W Brain for RGB shooting in RAW using the RED DRAGON sensor. This camera can shoot 5K 2.4:1 video at 60 fps, or full 5K at 50fps.
The SCARLET-W Brain weighs a mere 3.5 pounds. Choose the SCARLET-W Monochrome Brain for black-and-white footage. It shoots video at the same resolution as the RGB model, but the monochrome sensor exceeds the color brain’s light-gathering capability.
Each Brain comes with a DSMC power adaptor, SCARLET-W case, and one OLPF (Low Light Optimized on the Monocrhome, or choice of that, Standardized or Skin Tone with the RGB Brain). RED OLPFs are much improved. The bundle packages the SCARLET-W Brain and all three OLPFs.
SCARLET-W Efficient Workflow
The R3D or REDCODE RAW recording format used by the SCARLET-W is compatible with most professional-grade editing programs. It actually lets you shoot simultaneously in R3D and Apple ProRes 422, 422 LT or 422 HQ. It also supports Avid DNxHR and Avid DNxHD.
SCARLET-W DSCM2 Accessories
Look to DroneNerds.com for the DSMC2 accessories to equip your SCARLET-W with the features that best suit your needs. Drone Nerds offers such accessories as a:
- DSMC2 Base Package
- DSMC2 Shoulder Mount Package
- DSMC2 Drone/Gimbal Package
- DSMC2 Handheld Package
- DSMC2 Cinema Package
DroneNerds also stocks such necessities as lens mounts, OLPFs, and RED Mini-Mag recording media.